Keep Ruby Weird aims to bring back some of the wonder and playfulness of Ruby, while also capitalizing on Austin's own "weirdness" culture to make a really fun and interesting conference. We want to make sure that the Austin and Ruby communities really benefit from this. That's why we're endeavoring to work with local companies whenever possible. We're also setting aside a portion of the tickets as a scholarship program. We don't want the reason that someone doesn't come to the event to be price.
Keep Ruby Weird will take place at the Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz, a local movie theater renowned for its great moviegoing experience. Alamo Drafthouse is always one of the first places Austinites direct newcomers to check out, and we're all really excited to get to show it off as part of the conference. The capacity of the Drafthouse's theaters is 179 people, so that's the number we're shooting for for attendees, speakers, and staff.
We're also committed to providing a safe and harassment free environment. See our Code of Conduct for more information.
Keep Ruby Weird can't happen without help from sponsors. We have a few different sponsorship levels, and of course we're open to other arrangements.
- Thanked in opening ceremony by name and inclusion in shared sponsor slide
- Include stickers in swag bags given to all attendees
- Shown in sponsor slides during breaks
- Included in sponsor section on website
All of the Silver level perks, plus:
- One ticket to the conference
- Gold sponsors will be on their own shared slide in the opening ceremony
All of the Gold level perks, plus:
- Two extra tickets to the conference. (Three tickets in total)
- Your own slide in the opening ceremony
- Put up a sign at the venue
- Larger logo on this amazing website
- More interesting swag in the bag, such as pens, mugs, toys, etc. Get weird! You could even potentially provide the bag itself with your branding.